Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thank You

Since we just recently marked five years in Iraq I thought it would be appropriate to address the American Solider.


To The Solider:

Whatever reason may have inspired you to serve our country; I just want to say “Thank You.”
 Thank you for being brave enough to answer that call.
 Thank you to your family, whose sacrifices are what make it possible for you to serve.
Thank you for cherishing freedom and protecting me and those I love.

I can not begin to imagine what it must be like to be apart from your family and friends
or what life must be like when you leave all that you know and love behind.
 I do not know you personally, but I admire you for what you do and I am so very thankful.


*To the family whose child did not return home,
my heart breaks for you and I am forever grateful for the sacrifice you made.
 I will not forget them or you.
*To the mother’s, fathers, wives, husbands and children who serve our country
I can not imagine what it must be like to apart from those you hold so dear to your heart.
 Please return home safely.


I salute you and I thank you.

2 comments:

carrie said...

That was beautiful. No matter what people's views on the war are, we can all agree on one thing: the soldiers and their families.

May they all have peace.

Seane-Anna said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!! It makes me want to cry, all the more so because, unlike what you say Carrie, not everyone agrees that we should support the troops and their families no matter how we feel about the war. There are scum in this great nation of ours who live just to trash the spectacular people who defend them. Sad, but true. And Kendra, may I post this lovely tribute on my blogs?